It's all in the Reeds
You need a well balanced reed that is responsive, has good projection, intonation and tone quality.
My oboe and English Horn reeds are hand made from start to finish. Tube cane is carefully selected, split, pre-gouged, gouged, shaped, tied, and hand scraped. The scraping takes place over at least a three day period. Turn around time can be up to two to three weeks. Hand Crafting a reed cannot be rushed if a quality finished reed is desired.
- OBOE REEDS made on the Stevens #2 47 mm brass staple
- OBOE S STAPLE REED made on the Chudnow S bronze staple, to improve Response and increase resonance
- OBOE E STAPLE REED made on the Chudnow E bronze staple, to extend The dynamic range and produce consistent tone colors.
- ENGLISH HORN REEDS made on a brass staple with plastic tubing to Insure the reed will stay on the bocal!
- CANE For those customers making their own reeds, I offer gouged oboe cane in 2 diameters, and gouged and shaped cane in 2 diameters and 4 different shapes.
What do you think of the reeds and cane? I'd like to know!